What To Pack For Your Holiday To Crete
Posted on Thursday 18th May 2017 by Crete Escapes
Peak season is fast approaching which can mean only one thing - the shops are full to the brim with those holiday essentials, not to mention fabulous swimwear and every summer accessory imaginable!
So how does the prudent traveller navigate the minefield of choosing what to pack for their holiday? How can the stress of exceeding your baggage allowance at the start of your holiday be avoided? If you are travelling with a member of the "better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" tribe then you may be in for a nasty surprise at the airport check-in...
Here are a few tips that we hope will save you at least a few precious kilograms when packing your case this summer - as well as saving money when you arrive!
1) Many of our villas include beach towels which negates the need to pack your own! Also commonly included are books, games and inflatable pool toys for the children so no need to waste space on bringing those kind of comforts from home. Check on the website before flying to see what is included in your villa.
2) All of our villas include a washing machine so bear that in mind when packing for a week or two. By saving space on day time clothes (which will probably need a frequent freshen up anyway) you can have more room for evening wear and shoes - don't forget your sensible walking footwear for the Samaria Gorge!
3) We strongly suggest that you DO pack your own suncream as it can be rather expensive to buy in Crete. Happily, a few tubes of suncream will not take up excessive room in your suitcase but by packing your own you will be saving yourself an unnecessary expenditure upon arrival!
4) Crete is generally blessed with glorious hot weather so leave bulky items such as jumpers, fleeces and heavy trousers at home! Instead, pack a light cardigan or jersey for the evenings and reserve your suit space for shorts, t-shirts and evening wear.
5) Although many of our villa owners provide a cot for small children, it is essential that you bring your own cot bedding. Again, think light sheets rather than heavy blankets as the evenings can remain rather balmy!
Should you forget a holiday essential then rest assured that you will never be far away from a local convenience store that can offer many things - from flip flops to sun hats!
If you are still researching a Crete villa holiday then use our handy search functionality on the home page to quickly find the villas which can still be booked this season. Simply enter your travel dates in the "Check Availability" section and click "See all villas." With the exception of one small house which has a shared pool, all of our villas have their own private pool as well as excellent facilities and beautiful outdoor areas. Use our intuitive search filters to find the perfect villa for you - whether you are a couple, family or group of friends travelling together. If you would like more information on Crete itself take a look at our handy About Crete page!
We do hope you enjoy your holiday to Crete and if you have any questions then please do call us on 0330 111 0061. Dont forget to pack your suncream!