Updated 25th May 2018
Crete Escapes Ltd is committed to ensuring the best standards of practice in all our activities. Visitors to our website can be assured that the protection of privacy and confidentiality are given the highest priority. All personal information is collected, held, shared and used in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Information Collected From You
If you choose to make a villa booking through us or make an enquiry about a villa or a potential villa booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or enquiry. Information held is likely to include your full name, contact details, date of birth, passport number, the full names (and age if under 25) of the people travelling with you, payment details, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
Our website is not targeted at children but in any event personal information will not knowingly be collected from children under sixteen years without parental consent.
If you are a villa owner and choose to let your holiday accommodation with us we will collect details such as your full name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let.
Using Your Information
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday)
- to enable us to advertise your villa and transfer payments due to you (if you are letting your villa through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to allow us to provide details or information you may have requested.
How We Process Your Information Legally
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds.
- If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to confirm that booking to you.
- If you let your villa with us we will use the information collected to let us fulfil our agreement with you.
- If you do not provide us with your personal information required then we may not be able to confirm the booking or fulfil our agency services.
- We may use your name and email contact details you have given us to tell you about our offers which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
- We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our services.
- The above are done on the basis that they are in the legitimate interest of our company.
- We may ask your consent to use your name, phone number(s) and email address to tell you about our offers which we think may be of interest to you.
- We may also ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties companies so that they can tell you about their products and services.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
We may share your information with:
- owners of villas (if you are making a villa booking);
- individuals who may be renting accommodation from you (if you are a villa owner);
- credit/debit card companies;
- third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services, for example, our automated booking system SuperControl or to fulfil travel arrangements on your behalf, for example, our recommend car hire companies.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
Updating Your Details
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or send an email to or contact us at Crete Escapes Ltd, The Mills, Canal St, Derby, DE1 2RJ. Alternatively you can call us on our low cost calls number 0330 111 0061.
We have a system in place to ensure that your information is only held and stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, object to our use of your personal information or have any questions about this notice or the information we hold, please write or email us at the addresses given above.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
We may from time to time record telephone calls you have with our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
Our privacy notice is regularly reviewed and we will publish any updates here.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint in respect of your personal data you have the right to raise concerns at any time with The UK Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk
The Crete Escapes Website Cookie
The Crete Escapes website uses a “session cookie” to identify your browser “session” as you move between pages on the website and perform activities. The cookie is named c2createescapes_34zg3pye221 and will last for 3 months.
The website cookie allows our website to recognise each subsequent request from your browser as being the same browser that made the initial request to our website.
By knowing that each subsequent request is related to the first, our website is able to track your actions as you move around the website and to provide interactive features. By analysing how our website is being used in general, we can improve the website experience for future visitors. Should you experience any problems in using our website, our website developers may be able to use this information to track down your specific “user journey” and investigate and fix any issues that might arise.
The cookie itself is a very small text file that is stored on your device (for example, your PC or your phone) by your web browser. It contains a simple text code that your browser sends back to our website each time you browse to a new page. This allows the website to look up your specific session and associate data for that session with your browser. The data itself is not stored in your cookie but on the server(s) operating the website.
Each page on our website is generated by a sophisticated Content Management System (CMS). This system provides a number of interactive features where your experience may be tailored according to your past activity on the website. Such features require the “session cookie” to operate.
The session cookie provides the ability for you to log on to our website using your unique user name (or e-mail address) and password.
Each page on our website may be tailored to you uniquely, based on your past activity on the website, for example to show your name.
The session cookie provides the means to remember your log on state and hence your discussion forum preferences, such as your nickname and the date of your last post.
The session cookie provides the means for you to take part in votes (or polls) on the website.
The session cookie provides the means to remember that you have submitted a form so that you are not asked to re-submit it.
The session cookie provides the means to remember which files you have requested to be sent to you by email and the date and time at which such requests were made.
The session cookie provides the means to remember whether you have ‘like’d our Facebook page.
As we improve our website over time, similar and more advanced features may be added that also require a “session cookie” to operate.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously; it reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. The cookies store information such as the number of visits to the website and what site referred the visitor to the web page. We use the information to view reports about how visitors interact with the website and to help us improve the website. A different set of cookies is used for each website, and visitors are not tracked across multiple sites.
Information about these cookies and how to reject or delete them: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html and http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How To Control And Delete Cookies
You may restrict or block the cookies which are set by the Crete Escapes website, or any other website, through your browser settings.
To find out more about cookies and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Crete Escapes website.
Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
The Crete Escapes website uses Adobe Flash Player to provide video content. Local Shared Objects (commonly known as Flash Cookies) may be used to improve user experience, for example to save your playback preferences. Flash Cookies are similar to cookies, however they are managed differently.
How To Disable Flash Cookies
Information on how to disable and delete Flash Cookies is provided on the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security.
Your experience of the Crete Escapes website may be affected if you restrict the use of Flash Cookies.