CRETE ESCAPES LTD – TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
NB – bookings placed on-line remain provisional until we have confirmed the booking in writing
1. Bookings are accepted by Crete Escapes Ltd, acting in its capacity as the booking agent, for the owner (supplier) of the accommodation reserved. Your booking therefore forms a direct contract between you and the villa owner.
2. Villas are reserved from 16.00 on the day of arrival until 10.00 on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with the property manager whilst in Crete. Please note any changes agreed by the property managers may incur additional charges, payable locally.
3. Only the persons named on the booking form are entitled to stay at the property and in no circumstances must the maximum capacity of the villa be exceeded.
4. Bookings are treated as confirmed when the booking form and deposit/full payment has been received by Crete Escapes Ltd and a confirmation of booking has been issued. We recommend you do not book flights until we have emailed your booking confirmation as there may be a rare occasion when we cannot accept an online booking. (We would normally contact you urgently to discuss alternatives if that was the case).
5. Villa Owner Booking Policies - we reserve the right to refuse any booking due to the booking policies of a villa owner which includes (but is not limited to) any large group made up of single individuals and/or groups consisting of predominately under 25’s.
6. Details on the confirmation notice/ letter / email should be checked and any corrections should be notified in writing (email), to us, immediately.
7. Deposits - the deposit paid at the time of booking is non – refundable under any circumstances. Subject to the villa owners agreement, should you need to change your dates, deposits may be switched to another booking at the same villa in the same year but does not include switching a booking to another year/another villa.
8. Balances - the balance is due no later than 6 weeks prior to the villa rental commencing and by the date specified in the confirmation documents. On behalf of the villa owner, we reserve the right to cancel any bookings where the balance has not been paid by the due date.
9. Payment can be made by sterling or euro bank transfer, debit or credit card (Mastercard or Visa) only. There is no supplement for card payments. We do not accept payment in cash, by cheque or any other card apart from one in the Mastercard or Visa series.
10. Changes by you - If you want to make any changes to your confirmed booking please notify us in writing (by email) and, subject to availability, we will try to assist you. We cannot agree to switch your booking to a different villa without the loss of your initial deposit or guarantee that we will be able to meet your request. An administration fee of up to £50 will be payable to cover any costs we incur if new documents have to be issued as a result of the change/s. Any changes requested after your final balance has been paid will be subject to our normal cancellation policy in terms of any refund that may be due.
NB - bookings made online can be amended within 24 hours free of charge but this does not include switching to a different villa.
11. Cancellation – Cancellations must be notified to us in writing (by email). Cancellation charges are:
6 weeks + prior to arrival - loss of deposit
4 – 6 weeks prior to arrival - 50% of total rental
2 - 4 weeks prior to arrival - 75% of total rental
Less than 2 weeks prior to arrival - full rental.
12. Insurance - We recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance as protection at the time you make your booking in case of cancellation and to cover you for medical expenses, repatriation costs etc should the unforeseen happen.
13. Changes by us - We (ie Crete Escapes Ltd and the villa owner) try to avoid making changes to your confirmed booking but occasionally we may have to do so. We reserve the right to do this only if absolutely necessary. If we have to make a change to your booking, we will tell you as soon as possible and offer you a full refund or, where we are able to, offer an alternative of similar specification but please note this may not be in exactly the same
location as your original booking.
14. Our Responsibilities –
a. We (ie Crete Escapes Ltd acting as the booking agent and the villa owner) promise to provide your accommodation with all reasonable care. We do not accept responsibility if any death, injury, failure or deficiency arises through no fault of ours.
The promises we make about the accommodation are in accordance with the laws and regulations of Greece. In the event of any claim or complaint, the laws of Greece will be used as the basis for deciding whether the accommodation was properly provided. If the accommodation complied with the laws and regulations of Greece at the time, we will treat the accommodation as having been properly provided. Please note with regard to swimming pools that swimming pools at villas are unattended at all times (excepting for maintenance visits).
b. Our website accuracy is based on our personal visits to the villa before we agree to include the villa on our website. From time to time we will visit villas again to ensure standards are being maintained but we do have to rely on villa owners and their personal representatives in Crete notifying us of any necessary changes to villa descriptions or amenities. We cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information if we have not been notified of changes. Photographs will usually be taken when a villa is added to the website and will not be changed unless we are advised of any significant material alterations. Please note that it is unlikely that new photographs will be taken throughout the season to show the changing shape of a villa's garden.
c. We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any diminished performance by us, our owners or any agents or any other supplier of services should any event occur which we or the owner or any agent or other supplier of services could not have foreseen including war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, disasters of any kind, adverse weather conditions, fire, water supply and all other events outside our control.
d. From time to time building work and the associated noise is unavoidable. We do not control such work and we do not receive advance notification of when such work will commence. We will notify you as soon as we are made aware of any building work that may affect your holiday however please note that no compensation can be offered.
e. Very occasionally it may be necessary to move you from a villa once you are in Crete due to a problem which cannot be rectified during your stay. We will only do this if absolutely necessary. In such circumstances, we will attempt to offer you an alternative of as close a specification as your original villa booking but please note this will depend on availability at the time and may not be in exactly the same location as your original booking
15. Your Responsibilities –
a. It is your responsibility to take good care of the property and its grounds and avoid causing nuisance to others. The property and grounds should be left in a clean and tidy state on your departure. Please note that it is not the responsibility of the property manager to wash crockery, cutlery and pots and pans or clean the BBQ after your departure. On behalf of the villa owner, we reserve the right to deduct costs from any security deposit to cover any damage, loss or additional cleaning charges over and above a standard end of let clean.
b. If your conduct affects our relations with any service provider, we will hold you liable for any costs or losses resulting.
c. The person making the booking accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of all party members whether or not the booking form has been signed. You must ensure all information provided is accurate as you will be solely responsible for any errors, omissions or consequences of such information being inaccurate, misleading or otherwise insufficient.
16. Complaints – all complaints must be notified to the property manager (or owner) immediately so that the property manager (or owner) has sufficient opportunity to investigate the complaint and/or take remedial action. We are sorry but we aren't able to deal with complaints after you return home if you have not brought matters to the attention of the property manager (or owner) during your stay. If any complaint remains unresolved on your return from Crete, it will be forwarded to the villa owner for their attention and, where necessary, owners contact details will be supplied to you. Crete Escapes will agree to act as arbitrator if any complaint cannot be resolved between the parties. If we help to sort out a complaint, we are doing so as an agent only and have no legal responsibility to you for any refund or compensation.
17. Security/damage deposits - Security/damage deposits are requested for most of the villas we feature. Please read the damage deposits note carefully. We require debit/credit card details for damage deposit purposes which must be provided to us no later than when you pay your balance. By accepting these terms and conditions you agree that if there are any costs that we need to recover (para 15), that we take payment from the debit/credit card you supplied. We will contact you first before we charge your card.
18. Wifi - where wifi is an advertised facility, please note that its provision is subject to availability, network conditions and the type of service at the property. It may not be available 24 hours a day and is provided for pleasure and not solely for business purposes. Bookings should not be made if they are wholly reliant on the uninterrupted and unlimited provision of wifi.
19. Prices - We reserve the right to alter the prices on our website at any time. The price you have contracted to pay is fixed in accordance with your confirmation letter.
Security/damage deposits (see para 17 above)
We will not be able to leave you the keys to the property unless we are holding valid card details for the damage deposit at the time the rental begins.
1) We are instructed by the owner of this villa to take a damage deposit for:-
a) any damage or loss to the property during your stay which is not recoverable through an insurance policy or
b) to recover the costs of any unusual or extra cleaning required at the end of your stay.
2) Instead of asking you for an upfront payment which has to be returned to you after your holiday, we ask you to provide details of a valid debit or credit card from which we can take a payment should the need arise.
3) You will be asked to pre-authorise a maximum sum of £250 gbp (£800 gbp for Villa Kerasi).
4) By booking and accepting our terms and conditions you authorise us to deduct payment from your pre-authorised card in the event of either 1a) or 1b) above. Please note that we will not take any sums from your card without first contacting you.
5) To give us authorisation, you can either:-
a) if you paid your balance by card we will automatically use that card for the damage deposit unless you give us details of another card (as above)
b) telephone our low cost local call rate number 0330 111 0061 (from inside the UK) or 0044 (0)7891 160661 / 0044 (0)7956 572014 (from outside the UK).
Please note: the card you use must be valid for a period of at least 30 days from the start date of the villa rental. We usually set damage deposits the day before your rental begins so that we can contact you if we encounter any problems.
6) Our card processors, Sage Pay, will:-
a) ring fence the sum of £250 gbp (£800 gbp for Villa Kerasi) on your card. That sum will not be taken off your card but during the period of 30 days, starting with the first day of the villa rental, that sum will, in effect, reduce your credit limit eg:-
Normal credit limit say : £5000
Spending on card say : £1000
“Ring fenced” sum for damage deposit : £250/ £800
Remaining credit limit : £3750 / £3200
b) at the end of the 30 day period the ring fenced sum will be reinstated to your credit limit providing we have not had to take any payment off the card.
Crete Escapes Ltd is a UK reg'd coy; reg nr 5207604. Reg'd Office :- The Mills, Canal Street, Derby, DE1 2RJ
Postal Address :- 20, Church Street, Horsley, Derbyshire, DE21 5BR