CRETE ESCAPES LTD – TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
NB – bookings placed on-line remain provisional until we have confirmed the booking in writing
- Bookings are accepted by Crete Escapes Ltd, acting in its capacity as booking agent, for the owner of the accommodation reserved and your contract will be with the villa owner.
- Villas are reserved from 16.00 on the day of arrival until 10.00 on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with the property manager whilst in Crete.
- Only the persons named on the booking form are entitled to stay at the property and in no circumstances must the maximum capacity of the villa be exceeded.
- Bookings are treated as confirmed when the booking form and deposit/full payment has been received by Crete Escapes Ltd and a confirmation of booking has been issued.
- Details on the confirmation notice/ letter / email should be checked and any corrections should be notified immediately.
- Deposits - The deposit paid at the time of booking is non – refundable under any circumstances.
- Balances - The balance is due no later than 6 weeks prior to the villa rental commencing and by the date specified in the confirmation documents. On behalf of the villa owner, we reserve the right to cancel any bookings where the balance has not been paid by the due date.
- Payments - can be made by sterling or euro bank transfer, debit or credit card (Mastercard or Visa). There is no supplement for card payments.
- Changes by you - If you want to make any changes to your confirmed booking, we will try to assist you. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your request. An amendment fee of £50 may be payable to cover any costs we incur. NB - bookings made online can be amended within 24 hours free of charge but this does not include switching to a different villa.
- Cancellation – Cancellations must be given in writing (by email). Cancellation charges are:
6 weeks + - deposit
4 – 6 weeks prior to arrival - 50% of total rental
2 - 4 weeks prior to arrival - 75% of total rental
Less than 2 weeks prior to arrival - full rental
- Insurance - We recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance as protection at the time you make your booking in case of cancellation and to cover you for medical etc costs should the unforeseen happen.
- Changes by us - We (ie Crete Escapes Ltd and the villa owner) try to avoid making changes to your confirmed booking but occasionally we may have to do so. We reserve the right to do this only if absolutely necessary. If we have to make a change to your booking, we will tell you as soon as possible and offer you a full refund or, where we are able to, an alternative of equal comfort but please note this may not be in the same village as your original booking.
- Our Responsibilities –
- We (ie Crete Escapes Ltd acting as the booking agent and the villa owner) promise to provide your accommodation with all reasonable care. We do not accept responsibility if any death, injury, failure or deficiency arises through no fault of ours.
- The promises we make about the accommodation are in accordance with the laws and regulations of Greece. In the event of any claim or complaint, the laws of Greece will be used as the basis for deciding whether the accommodation was properly provided. If the accommodation complied with the laws and regulations of Greece at the time, we will treat the accommodation as having been properly provided. Please note with regard to swimming pools that swimming pools at villas are unattended at all times (excepting for maintenance visits).
- Our website descriptions are based on our personal visits to the villa before we agree to include the villa on our website. From time to time we will visit villas again to ensure standards are being maintained but we do have to rely on villa owners notifying us of any necessary changes to villa descriptions or amenities. We cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information if we have not been notified of changes. Photographs will generally be taken when a villa is added to the website and will not be changed unless we are advised of any material alterations. In particular, please note that a garden's appearance can change from week to week.
- We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any diminished performance by us, our owners or any agents or any other supplier of services should any event occur which we or the owner or any agent or other supplier of services could not have foreseen including war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, disasters of any kind, adverse weather conditions, fire and all other events outside our control.
- From time to time building work and the associated noise is unavoidable. We do not control such work and we do not receive advance notification of when such work will commence. We will notify you as soon as we are made aware of any building work that may affect your holiday however please note that no compensation can be offered.
- Your Responsibilities –
- It is your responsibility to take good care of the property and its grounds and avoid causing nuisance to others. The property and grounds should be left in a clean and tidy state on your departure. Please note that it is not the responsibility of the property manager to wash crockery, cutlery and pots and pans or clean the BBQ after your departure. On behalf of the villa owner, we reserve the right to deduct costs from any security deposit to cover any damage, loss or additional cleaning charges over and above a standard end of let clean. If your conduct affects our relations with any service provider, we will hold you liable for any costs or losses resulting.
- The person making the booking accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of all party members whether or not the booking form has been signed.
- Complaints – all complaints must be notified to the property manager (or owner) immediately so that the property manager (or owner) has sufficient opportunity to investigate the complaint and/or take remedial action. We are sorry but we aren't able to deal with complaints after you return home if you have not brought matters to the attention of the property manager (or owner) during your stay. If any complaint remains unresolved on your return from Crete, it will be forwarded to the villa owner for their attention and, where necessary, owners contact details will be supplied to you. Crete Escapes will agree to act as arbitrator if any complaint cannot be resolved between the parties. If we help to sort out a complaint, we are doing so as an agent only and have no legal responsibility to you for any refund or compensation.
- Security/damage deposits - Security/damage deposits are requested for most of the villas we feature. Please read the damage deposits note carefully. We require credit card details for damage deposit purposes which must be provided to us no later than when you pay your balance. By accepting these terms and conditions you agree that if there are any costs that we need to recover (para 14), that we take payment from the credit card you supplied. We will contact you first before we charge your card.
- Wifi - where wifi is an advertised facility, please note that its provision is subject to availability, network conditions and the type of service at the property. It may not be available 24 hours a day and is provided for pleasure and not solely for business purposes. Bookings should not be made if they are wholly reliant on the uninterrupted and unlimited provision of wifi.
- Prices - We reserve the right to alter the prices on our website at any time. The price you have contracted to pay is fixed in accordance with your confirmation letter.
Crete Escapes Ltd is a UK regd coy; Regn No 5207604. Regd Office: - The Mills, Canal Street, Derby, DE1 2RJ
Postal Address: - 20, Church Street, Horsley, Derbyshire, DE21 5BR
We will not be able to leave you the keys to the property unless we are holding valid card details for the damage deposit at the time the rental begins.
1) We are instructed by the owner of this villa to take a damage deposit for:-
a) any damage or loss to the property during your stay which is not recoverable through an insurance policy or
b) to recover the costs of any unusual or extra cleaning required at the end of your stay.
2) Instead of asking you for an upfront payment which has to be returned to you after your holiday, we ask you to provide details of a valid debit or credit card from which we can take a payment should the need arise.
3) You will be asked to pre-authorise a maximum sum of £250 gbp (£800 gbp for Villa Kerasi).
4) By booking and accepting our terms and conditions you authorise us to deduct payment from your pre-authorised card in the event of either 1a) or 1b) above. Please note that we will not take any sums from your card without first contacting you.
5) To give us authorisation, you can either:-
a) telephone our low cost local call rate number 0330 111 0061 (from inside the UK) or 0044 (0)7891 160661 / 0044 (0)7956 572014 (from outside the UK).
b) if you paid your balance by card we will automatically use that card for the damage deposit unless you give us details of another card (as above)
Please note: the card you use must be valid for a period of at least 30 days from the start date of the villa rental. We usually set damage deposits the day before your rental begins so that we can contact you if we encounter any problems.
6) Our card processors, Sage Pay, will:-
a) ring fence the sum of £250 gbp (£800 gbp for Villa Kerasi) on your card. That sum will not be taken off your card but during the period of 30 days, starting with the first day of the villa rental, that sum will, in effect, reduce your credit limit eg:-
Normal credit limit say : £5000
Spending on card say : £1000
“Ring fenced” sum for damage deposit : £250/ £800
Remaining credit limit : £3750 / £3200
b) at the end of the 30 day period the ring fenced sum will be added back to your credit limit providing we have not had to take any payment off the card.