Getting to Crete
Crete Escapes arranges your independent villa booking but make no arrangements for travel to Greece nor transport across the island. This gives holidaymakers the freedom to make travel arrangements that suit them.
Most people enter Greece by air, either at Chania or Heraklion airports but there is also the option to arrive by ferry from mainland Greece or another island.
Check here for flights from the UK & Ireland, Scandinavia, and Other Destinations
Check here for ferry services
Find out more about car hire and car hire transfer services and taxi tansfers
Things to Remember
- The usual check in time on the day of arrival is 16.00
- The usual check out time on the day of departure is 10.00.
- Property managers (or the villa owner) will usually do their best to help you if your travel times don't fit in with this but kindly note that early arrivals and/or late departures are at their sole discretion and will need to be arranged locally with them in Crete. They may charge you directly for an early check in or late check out.
- If you wish to be sure of having access to the villa before 4pm or staying on after 10am we recommend that you book an extra day either at the start or the end so that you are not inconvenienced.
- For further information on this please see our essential reading page headed 'arrival and departure'.