Flights to Crete - from other destinations
We arrange your independent villa booking but we do not make any travel arrangements for you.
This gives you the freedom to make your own travel arrangements to suit you.
Most people arrive by air, either at Chania or Heraklion airports but there is also the option to arrive by ferry from mainland Greece or another island.
NB - When arranging your travel, please bear in mind :-
- The usual check in time on the day of arrival is 16.00
- The usual check out time on the day of departure is 10.00.
- Property managers (or the villa owner) will usually do their best to help you if your travel times don't fit in with this but kindly note that early arrivals and/or late departures CANNOT be guaranteed. If they are able to allow an earlier arrival or a later departure there may be a charge, payable locally, direct to them.
- If you wish to be sure of having access to the villa before 4pm or staying on after 10am we recommend that you book an extra day either at the start or the end so that you are not inconvenienced.
- For further information on this please see our essential reading page headed 'arrival and departure'.
Airports on Crete - there are two main airports on Crete, one at Chania (closest to all our villas *) and the other at Heraklion.
Ryanair have announced the following routes to Chania:-
- Brussels (Charleroi)
- Dusseldorf (Weeze)
- Frankfurt (Hahn)
- Marseille Provence
- Memmingen (Munich West)
- Milan (Bergamo)
- Oslo Rygge
- Rome (Ciampino)
- Stockholm Skavska
- Venice (Treviso)
- Warsaw Modlin
* All of our villas are closest to Chania airport, typically 40 minutes drive. Our villas in the far west are approx one hour from Chania airport. Heraklion airport is in central Crete and is between 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours drive depending on the location of the villa.
Our changeover days are flexible, unless otherwise stated in the villa description, due to the availability of flights into Chania (closest airport to our villas) or Heraklion airports. Please note: we reserve the right to refuse a particular changeover day if this leaves the owner with an unacceptable void period between existing bookings.