Crete Escapes Ltd is a company registered in the UK.
We are a small family run company working directly with a number of private villa owners who have entrusted the letting of their property to us.
For your financial protection, we are an approved booking agent with International Passenger Protection (IPP).
IPP have plugged a gap in the travel industry. Initially set up to provide cover for scheduled airline failure, they now also provide cover for certain end suppliers and booking agents (us) who have passed their stringent entry tests. This means that you, the consumer, can, for a small premium, take out an insurance policy to cover all components of your holiday against the financial failure of approved airlines, approved booking agents and certain "end" suppliers. For further details visit www.ipplondon.co.uk and to buy a policy visit www.protectmyholiday.com.
In addition to you being able to insure against our financial failure as above, we also make the following promises about bookings we take :-
- we will only ask for a maximum of 10% of the total rental as a deposit (minimum £50 per week).
- we don't require the balance of the rental until 8 weeks prior to the rental starting
Paying with a Credit Card (NB - NO CARD FEES WILL APPLY)
Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 provides protection for monies you pay to us using a credit card; providing you pay at least £100 of the total rental costs on your credit card then all monies paid to us in respect of the same transaction (rental) are covered by Section 75. Typically deposits will exceed £100.
For further details view www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act
Tips for consumers on purchases made in the UK
- thanks to the consumer protection of Section 75, money that seemed lost on a credit card purchase can be claimed back
- if you pay by credit card you can claim your money back from the card company if the seller fails to honour the contract, or the item is faulty or if the seller wrongly describes it or if the supplier goes out of business with your money before the item is delivered
- if you are buying an item costing over £100 and you are asked for a deposit, consider paying the deposit by credit card
- you have protection whether you buy in the UK from a shop, by mail-order, by telephone or internet - the protection is the same
- you are not covered by Section 75 if you use a debit or charge card.
We are a financially secure company. The extra measures we have put in place are there to give you confidence to book your Crete Holiday Villa using our services. If you would like to discuss any of this with us prior to making a booking then please don’t hesitate to call us on our low cost calls number 0330 111 0061.
Director, Crete Escapes Ltd.