Ferry Services to Crete
We arrange your independent villa booking but we do not make any travel arrangements for you.
This gives you the freedom to make your own travel arrangements to suit you.
Most people arrive by air, either at Chania or Heraklion airports but there is also the option to arrive by ferry from mainland Greece or another island.
NB - When arranging your travel, please bear in mind :-
- The usual check in time on the day of arrival is 16.00
- The usual check out time on the day of departure is 10.00.
- Property managers (or the villa owner) will usually do their best to help you if your travel times don't fit in with this but kindly note that early arrivals and/or late departures CANNOT be guaranteed. If they are able to allow an earlier arrival or a later departure there may be a charge, payable locally, direct to them.
- If you wish to be sure of having access to the villa before 4pm or staying on after 10am we recommend that you book an extra day either at the start or the end so that you are not inconvenienced.
- For further information on this please see our essential reading page headed 'arrival and departure'.
Many ferries from the Greek mainland arrive in Crete early in the morning.
Ferries from Mainland Greece to Crete
There is a regular service from the mainland port of Piraeus (nr. Athens) to the Cretan ports of Heraklion and Chania (Souda). Ships usually depart in the evening and arrive early the following morning.
Anek Lines operates daily services between Piraeus, Chania, Heraklion and Rethymnon.
Minoan Lines sails every day between Piraeus and Heraklion.
For schedules on other routes eg; between Italy and Crete or other Greek islands to/from Crete we suggest you try this helpful website www.destinationcrete.com
Our changeover days are flexible, unless otherwise stated in the villa description, due to the availability of services to Crete. Please note: we reserve the right to refuse a particular changeover day if this leaves the owner with an unacceptable void period between existing bookings.