Flights to Crete - from the UK & IRELAND
Crete Escapes arrange your independent villa booking but do not make any travel arrangements for customers, including the booking of flights to Crete.
This gives holidaymakers the freedom to make their own travel arrangements and find the best deals available with the cheapest flights.
Most people arrive by air, either at Chania or Heraklion airports but there is also the option to arrive by ferry from mainland Greece or another island so keep that in mind when booking your flight to Crete.
NB - When arranging your travel, please bear in mind :-
- The usual check in time on the day of arrival is 16.00 unless there is a same day changeover when this time will be at the later time of 17.00.
- The usual check out time on the day of departure is 10.00 unless there is a same day changeover when this time will be at the earlier time of 09.00.
- Property managers (or the villa owner) will usually do their best to help you if your travel times don't fit in with this but kindly note that early arrivals and/or late departures CANNOT be guaranteed. If they are able to allow an earlier arrival or a later departure there may be a charge, payable locally, direct to them.
- If you wish to be sure of having access to the villa before 4pm/5pm or staying on after 9am/10am we recommend that you book an extra day either at the start or the end so that you are not inconvenienced.
- For further information on this please see our essential reading page headed 'arrival and departure'.
Airports on Crete - there are two main airports on Crete, one at Chania (closest to all our villas *) and the other at Heraklion.
Both airports are served by charter flights from the UK & Ireland and the direct scheduled services of Easyjet (to Chania and Heraklion), BA (to Chania and Heraklion), Ryanair (to Chania), Norwegian (to Chania), Jet 2 (to Chania and Heraklion) Wizz Air (to Heraklion) and Aegean Airways (to Heraklion).
Charter flights to Chania (with TUI) - operate from Birmingham, Bristol, London Gatwick and Manchester airports.
Charter flights to Heraklion - operate on several days of the week from most airports and with several airlines.
Scheduled services (subject to change)
Easyjet to Chania - from Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Luton and Manchester.
Easyjet to Heraklion - from Bristol, Edinburgh, Liverpool, London Gatwick, London Luton and Manchester.
Jet2 to Chania - from Birmingham, Leeds/Bradford, London Stansted and Manchester.
Jet 2 to Heraklion - from Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow (Int'l), Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
BA to Chania - from London Heathrow.
BA to Heraklion - from London Gatwick.
Ryanair to Chania - from Bristol, Dublin, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
Norwegian to Chania - from Dublin, Edinburgh and London Gatwick
Wizz Air to Chania - from London Gatwick
Wizz Air to Heraklion - from Cardiff and London Luton
Aegean Airlines to Heraklion - from London Gatwick and London Heathrow
Aegean Airlines, Olympic Air and BA - from London Heathrow and from London Gatwick and Manchester via Athens.
* All of our villas are closest to Chania airport, typically 45 minutes drive. Our villas in the far west are approx one hour from Chania airport. Heraklion airport is in central Crete and is between 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours drive depending on the location of the villa.
We suggest the following websites for you to begin your flight search:
- TUI flights UK
- TUI flights Ireland
Our changeover days are flexible, unless otherwise stated in the villa description, due to the availability of flights into Chania (closest airport to our villas) or Heraklion airports. Please note: we reserve the right to refuse a particular changeover day if this leaves the owner with an unacceptable void period between existing bookings.