Flights to Crete - from the UK & IRELAND
We arrange your independent villa booking but we do not make any travel arrangements for you.
This gives you the freedom to make your own travel arrangements to suit you.
Most people arrive by air, either at Chania or Heraklion airports but there is also the option to arrive by ferry from mainland Greece or another island.
NB - When arranging your travel, please bear in mind :-
- The usual check in time on the day of arrival is 16.00
- The usual check out time on the day of departure is 10.00.
- Property managers (or the villa owner) will usually do their best to help you if your travel times don't fit in with this but kindly note that early arrivals and/or late departures CANNOT be guaranteed. If they are able to allow an earlier arrival or a later departure there may be a charge, payable locally, direct to them.
- If you wish to be sure of having access to the villa before 4pm or staying on after 10am we recommend that you book an extra day either at the start or the end so that you are not inconvenienced.
- For further information on this please see our essential reading page headed 'arrival and departure'.
Airports on Crete - there are two main airports on Crete, one at Chania (closest to all our villas *) and the other at Heraklion.
Both airports are served by charter flights from the UK & Ireland and the direct scheduled services of Easyjet (to Chania and Heraklion), BA (to Chania and Heraklion), Ryanair (to Chania), Norwegian (to Chania) and Jet 2 (to Heraklion).
Charter flights to Chania - operate from Birmingham, London Gatwick and Manchester airports.
Charter flights to Heraklion - operate on several days of the week from most airports.
Easyjet to Chania - from London Gatwick.
Easyjet to Heraklion - from Bristol, Edinburgh, London Gatwick, London Luton and Manchester.
Jet2 to Chania - from London Stansted, Manchester, birmingham and Leeds/Bradford
Jet 2 to Heraklion - from East Midlands, Glasgow (Int'l), Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle and Stansted.
BA to Chania - from London Heathrow.
BA to Heraklion - from London Gatwick.
Ryanair to Chania - from Bristol, Dublin, East Midlands, Glasgow (Int'l), Leeds Bradford, Manchester, London Stansted and Birmingham.
Norwegian to Chania - from London Gatwick
Aegean Airlines, Olympic Air and BA - from London Heathrow and from London Gatwick and Manchester via Athens.
* All of our villas are closest to Chania airport, typically 40 minutes drive. Our villas in the far west are approx one hour from Chania airport. Heraklion airport is in central Crete and is between 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours drive depending on the location of the villa.
We suggest the following websites for you to begin your flight search:
- TUI flights UK
- TUI flights Ireland
Our changeover days are flexible, unless otherwise stated in the villa description, due to the availability of flights into Chania (closest airport to our villas) or Heraklion airports. Please note: we reserve the right to refuse a particular changeover day if this leaves the owner with an unacceptable void period between existing bookings.