Getting to Crete
Crete Travel Information 2022
As of FEBRUARY 2022.
In accordance with a new update from The Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority, inbound travellers to Greece who possess a valid EU digital COVID certificate will no longer be subject to restrictions such as testing before departure.
Those travellers inbound for Greece who do not hold a EU Digital COVID certificate must present a negative PCR result, performed within 72 hours of arrival, or a rapid antigen test result, performed within 24 hours. This ruling also applies to children over 5 years old.
We will send you the address of your villa, with the directions, approximately 14 days before you are due to arrive.
Crete Escapes arrange your independent villa booking but make no arrangements for travel to Greece nor transport across the island. This gives holidaymakers the freedom to make travel arrangements that suit them.
Most people enter Greece by air, either at Chania or Heraklion airports but there is also the option to arrive by ferry from mainland Greece or another island.
Check here for ferry services
Things to Remember
- The usual check in time on the day of arrival is 16.00
- The usual check out time on the day of departure is 10.00.
- Property managers (or the villa owner) will usually do their best to help you if your travel times don't fit in with this but kindly note that early arrivals and/or late departures are at their sole discretion and will need to be arranged locally with them in Crete. They may charge you directly for an early check in or late check out.
- If you wish to be sure of having access to the villa before 4pm or staying on after 10am we recommend that you book an extra day either at the start or the end so that you are not inconvenienced.
- For further information on this please see our essential reading page headed 'arrival and departure'.