Getting to Crete
Covid 19 - Passenger Locator Form (PLF)
As of January 2021.
The Greek Government requires ALL passengers to complete one of these forms online at least 24 hours before arrival in the country. We recommend at least 48 hours before. You will receive a QR code a few hours before you travel which has to be shown at the port /airport of entry. There are considerable fines for anyone who has not supplied this information.
We will send you the address of your villa, with the directions, approximately 14 days before you are due to arrive.
We arrange your independent villa booking but we do not make any travel arrangements for you which gives you the freedom to make your own travel arrangements to suit you.
Most people arrive by air, either at Chania or Heraklion airports but there is also the option to arrive by ferry from mainland Greece or another island.
Check here for ferry services
Things to Remember
- The usual check in time on the day of arrival is 16.00
- The usual check out time on the day of departure is 10.00.
- Property managers (or the villa owner) will usually do their best to help you if your travel times don't fit in with this but kindly note that early arrivals and/or late departures are at their sole discretion and will need to be arranged locally with them in Crete. They may charge you directly for an early check in or late check out.
- If you wish to be sure of having access to the villa before 4pm or staying on after 10am we recommend that you book an extra day either at the start or the end so that you are not inconvenienced.
- For further information on this please see our essential reading page headed 'arrival and departure'.